Content Solutions received five awards from the Lone Star Community of the Society for Technology Communication (LSC-STC) at their January 10 Awards Ceremony. Louellen S. Coker, owner, and Brittany Bailey, content specialist, of Content Solutions, were on hand to accept the following awards
- Award of Distinguished in the category of Online Communication–Technical Marketing for their work on the 2007 BTU Power Pedal website, www.powerpedal.com.
- Award of Distinguished in the category of Technical Publications–Magazines for their work on the BTU insert of Texas Coop Power magazine.
- Award of Excellence in the category of Technical Publications–Informational Materials for their work on the BTU Jack Creek-Kurten brochure.
- Award of Merit in the category of Technical Publications–Annual Reports for their work on the 2006 Bryan Texas Utilities Annual Report.
- Award of Merit in the category of Technical Art–Annual Reports for their work on the 2006 Bryan Texas Utilities Annual Report.
When asked about her company’s wins, Mrs. Coker responded, “I was pleased to learn that I received these awards. It is an honor to have my work recognized by my professional peers who have held my work up against rigorous standards. I’ve participated in STC competitions since 2001 as both an entrant and a judge. While I am very proud of the awards I’ve won, I am most appreciative of the critiques I have received from the judges thorough evaluations of my entries. Their input allows me to improve that quality of the product I create as I help my clients find the perfect solutions to their content needs.”
LSC President Susie Lynn Fox commented, “We are delighted to receive, judge, and award a variety of entries in this year’s LSC Competitions. The winners represent the top tier of technical communicators in our area who are excelling in technical publications, online documentation, and technical art.”
The LSC’s annual competition for technical communication and online publications rates entries on four factors: writing, graphics, copyediting, and overall integration. All factors are judged in the context of the purpose, content, and organization of the document. Distinguished winners are automatically entered into STC’s International Competition.