Are you a creative professional that struggles to determine your worth? The Designer’s Guide To Marketing And Pricing: How To Win Clients And What To Charge Them by Ilise Benum and Peleg Top (founders of www.marketing-mentor.com) provides step-by-step instructions to guide you in making money while doing what you love.
Benum and Top go beyond discussing the basics, they provide worksheets every step of the way, allowing you to get an immediate start on starting or improving your business. The clear and straight forward language certainly delivers; and whether you’re a new established entrepreneur or considering starting your business, you’ll gain the foundation you need to
- define your ideal clients and learn how to connect to them.
- turn contacts into profitable relationships for both parties.
- determine your hourly rate.
- create steps to reach your financial goals.
- create a realistic marketing plan to support your financial goals.
- use effective marketing tools to achieve your goal.
Benum’s book is a must-read for designers and writers. The engaging language draws you in with an underlying optimism that will leave you disappointed if you don’t have a pencil in hand to complete the worksheets that begin as early as page 14. In addition to providing a list of excellent resources such as books, web sites, blogs and magazines, Benum divides the chapters into two key sections and answers the timeless questions that all contractors and consultants ask themselves on a daily basis:
- Who is my market?
- How can I find client and prospects?
- How should I present myself?
- Which marketing tools should I use?
- What should I say in person, on the phone and online?
- How should I follow up?
- How do I manager my money?
- What should I charge?
- How do I talk about money?
- What should be in my proposal?
- What should be in my contract?
- How should I grow my business?
If you’re considering starting a business or taking your current business to the next level, you’ll want to read this book. Upon reaching the end of the book, you will have a clear idea of the direction in which you can move forward with your business. What’s more, you’ll be excited to get started!