I discovered an interesting tidbit of information on the Lifehacker blog this week.
Mozilla officially announced today [July 2, 2008] that Firefox 3 set the Guinness World Record for most software downloads in 24 hours, totaling at an impressive 8,002,530 downloads.
As Firefox is my browser of choice, I had to check it out! I downloaded it immediately and have been enjoying using it. The look and feel is cleaner and, while I haven’t had the chance to use all the top new features in the last 30 minutes, I have little doubt that I’ll enjoy them.
Top Features in Firefox 3
Here are the things the Firefox developers are most excited about.
- Password Manager: Remember site passwords without ever seeing a pop-up.
- One-Click Bookmarking: Bookmark, search and organize Web sites quickly and easily.
- Improved Performance: View Web pages faster, using less of your computer’s memory.
- Smart Location Bar: Find the sites you love in seconds—enter a term for instant matches that make sense.
- Instant Web Site ID: Avoid online scams, unsafe transactions and forgeries with simple site identity.
- Full Zoom: See any part of a Web page, up close and readable, in seconds.
- Platform-Native Look & Feel: Browse with a Firefox that’s integrated into your computer’s operating system.
You can learn more and download the newest version at the Firefox website.