Lone Star Community – Society for Technical Communication September Meeting
Agile Scrum, More Than Just a Buzzword
Hearing rumblings at work about “Xtreem programming” or “Going Agile?” Want to know what it really means and what it will mean to you? As technical communicators, we are always looking for the most efficient way to complete our tasks as our plates overflow. Believe it or not, Agile Scrum can help!
Kathryn Poe and Matt Stringfellow from DataCert, Inc. will discuss the basics of Agile Scrum, how we use it and explore how it can help you. “This framework has put me out in front of the process instead of lagging at the very end. It is amazing what a difference that makes to how I write and the input I have on the features before they land on my desk as a finished product,” says Poe.
Open to members, non-members, and the media.
Dinner & Program
- Members: $25 early registration or $30 on-site Registration
- Students (with current student ID): $20 early registration or $25 on-site registration
- Guests: $30 early registration or $35 on-site Registration
- Members: $12 early registration or $15 on-site Registration
- Students (with current student ID): $7 early registration or $15 on-site registration
- Guests: $15 early registration or $15 on-site Registration
Media invited to attend at no cost.
Crowne Plaza North Dallas/Addison Hotel
14315 Midway Road
Date & Times
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- 5:45 PM–Registration and Networking, SIN-SIG (Shy Inactive & New Special Interest Group)
- 6:15 PM–Announcements and Dinner
- 7:00 PM–Program
- 8:00 PM–Wrap-up
- 8:10 PM–Additional networking