Each fall, the Lone Star Community of the Society for Technical Communication holds a competition that recognizes excellence in online communication, technical art, and technical publications. Any technical communicator can participate. You do not have to be an STC member. Winners are announced at our annual awards banquet held each January. Entries awarded an Excellence or Distinguished (the highest level) are then submitted to the STC International Competition. STC announces the International Competition winners at STC’s annual conference in May.
2008-2009 LSC Competition Key Dates
- Entry Deadline – Friday, October 17, 2008
- Judges Training Day – Saturday, November 1, 2008
- Consensus Judging Day – Saturday, December 6, 2008
- Awards Banquet – Thursday, January 15, 2009
Entry Form and Instructions
To enter this year’s competition, download the 2008-2009 Competition Entry Form and Categories for International Competitions instructions and follow the instructions included on the form.
Remember, to be eligible: Submit 4 copies of each entry no later than Friday, October 17, 2008.
Entry fees are:
- $100 per entry – STC members
- $125 per entry – non-STC members
- $25 per entry – Students
The Lone Star Community holds annual competitions for Online Communication, Technical Art, and Technical Publications. Each competition needs volunteers who will judge the entries. If you are interested in volunteering to be a judge for any of the competitions, see How to Become a Judge. If you are already a judge and need to access the judging forms, visit the STC web site.
- Best of Show Award—Plaque
- Distinguished Award—Plaque
- Excellence Award—Plaque
- Merit Award—Certificate suitable for framing
- Distinguished winners are automatically entered into STC’s International Competition.
- The competition award winner announcement for Technical Publications, Technical Art, and Online Communication will be presented in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.