Microsoft has added some nifty things to the status bar in Word 2007. The status bar is located along the bottom border of the window and you can easily set what you want to have available to you by right-clicking on the status bar and selecting the options you prefer.
Your fully-loaded status bar will look like this:
What your status bar options mean
- Formatted page number.
- Section number.
- Page number in document.
- Vertical distance from the top of the page.
- The line on the page.
- The column on the page.
- Word count of document (also shows the word count of selected text).
- Proofing errors in document.
- Track change status.
- Insert text at insertion point.
- Macros running in document.
- Page view.