Apple sent out private invitations last week asking select folks to come learn about their “newest creation.” Since then, buzz has been growing about what that new creation might be. The widest speculation is that it will be a tablet computer, that, as reported in this Dallas Morning News article will rewrite publishing.
Apple’s Tablet Computer
While we won’t know for a few more hours whether there will be another contender in the tablet computer market, speculation about what Apple may bring to the table paints a picture that
- sports a 10-inch touch-screen color display that’s designed for reading, watching video, browsing the Web and playing games.
- Internet connectivity (whether wireless hotspot or mobile networks is not known)
- makes content from The New York Times as well as Conde Nast Publications and Harper Collins Publisher readily accessible
- sells for as much as $1000 and will reach stores in March.
If you’re thinking, do we really need another electronic reader? What makes this different than Amazon’s [amazon-product text=”Kindle Wireless Reading Device ” type=”text”]B0015T963C[/amazon-product] or Sony’s reader? The difference is that it may be creating a book experience. One in which you get to see instructional videos that complement the recipe in the cookbook you’re reading. How cool would that be? You’ve already read about how much I love my Kindle and my iPhone, so you can just imagine how exciting this possibility is to me. What piques my interest is
- How will I be able to use it? Is it going to be an app thing like my iPhone or will I be able to install full blown software such as Adobe Creative Suite?
- Will I be able to use a mouse and keyboard if I want to?
- What kind of battery life will it have?
With all the buzz about what the tablet computer will look like, we can’t overlook the iPhone 4G that may be discussed in the press conference. Since we’re getting close to conference time and I want to make sure you’re aware of what time it starts, I’m going to send you over to Mashable’s post, iPhone 4G Rumors Visualized to get an idea of the potential.
The Press Conference
If you weren’t one of the lucky ones to be invited to the press conference to be held today at the Yerba Buena Center for The Arts Theater in San Franciso, you may want to tune into what is touted as a free viewing at www.DailyLatestNews.com at the following times provided in the announcement.
- 08:00AM – Hawaii
- 10:00AM – Pacific
- 11:00AM – Mountain
- 12:00PM – Central
- 01:00PM – Eastern
- 06:00PM – London
- 07:00PM – Paris
- 09:00PM – Moscow
- 02:00PM – Philippines (January 28th)
- 03:00AM – Tokyo (January 28th)