Pedigree made laugh
Those of you who know me, know I’ve got three very large dogs who go through dog bones like there’s no tomorrow. To protect ourselves from random chewing destruction, we’ve brought them up on chew bones.
Our evening ritual goes something like this: Door opens, all three bound in and run to the laundry room (where we keep the bowl of bones), dogs sit and squirm excitedly while waiting for their bone, and they’re happily occupied for the next half hour or however long it takes them to eat the bone.
As a loving dog owner, budget conscious individual, and “killing two birds with one stone” type, I strive to buy bones that improve my pets’ health in some way. Who wants to think about taking your dog to the dentist?
When I saw Pedigree’s ad for Dentastix this morning, I couldn’t help but chuckle. It was so far out there that I remembered the ad and I will be buying them the next time I’m in the doggie-treat aisle! Here’s the 30 second spot that I found over at Adland.tv:
Laughter made me buy it
Honestly, there’s nothing overly pleasurable about buying dog bones. And, when you’re buying enough to sate the addiction of three dogs, it can be painful at the checkout stand. While I’ll glance at the specialty bones, I practice avoidance therapy for the more expensive “healthy dental” ones (I don’t want to be reminded how much a trip to the vet to get my dogs’ teeth cleaned will cost) by looking away quickly, throwing the cheapest in the cart, and leaving the aisle post haste. While I may not buy Dentastix for EVERY TIME I give my dogs a bone, I’m pretty sure we’ll have a package waiting in the wings for a special occasion.
What made me decide to add these to my shopping cart and support my dogs’ addition to dog bones?
- Pedigree is a household name
- I’ve fed my dogs Pedigree products for more years than I’d like to remember and they like them
- The commercial made me smile
- The content was presented in a way that connected and continues to make me laugh. I can see my dogs with the dentures!
- I love my funiture, shoes, purses, belts, and everything else in my house that they could remotely fathom is chewable.
The next time you approach your next marketing campaign, consider asking yourself how you can make your customers say, “Laughter made me do it!”
Laughter caused me to ask you to “Denture your dog” and win!
Around the office, we’ve had such a good time denturing our dogs and laughing at the results, that we’ve decided to share the love! We’re offering up a package of Dentastix to our Facebook fan with the cutest/funniest dentured dog. Here’s how it will work:
- Become a Facebook fan of Content Solutions
- Go to Pedigree.com and denture your dog (only takes a couple of minutes)
- Share your Dentured Dog on our wall
- We’ll choose the cutest/funniest dentured dog
- We’ll contact you via Facebook to get the details to send your dog some Dentastix
Contest ends February 14.